Power Electronics Engineer – Hardware
Do you share our passion for power electronics, and are you enthusiastic about designing efficient and reliable power electronics products? And do you want to be a part of a team of great colleagues? Then you might be the R&D Design Engineer we are looking for at Converdan A/S.
About the position
With reference to our CTO, you will become a lead member of our team of highly professional R&D engineers. You will work in projects with true integrated product development, and with cross-functional disciplines such as hardware, control engineering, embedded software, mechanics, manufacturing and testing. There is an excellent opportunity for a motivated candidate to innovate and expand his/her professional skills and personal development.
Your responsibilities will include
- Head and lead technical part of power electronics projects like 3-phase grid inverters, active front end, active harmonic filter, Switch Mode Power Supply, UPS, motor drives etc.
- Specification of key power electronics components
- Design low and high power 2/3-phase bridge using IGBTs and MOSFETs, including switching loss calculations, gatedrive circuits, control circuits and SMPS
- Design of power passive components, magnetic devices, capacitors, filters etc.
- Electronics and thermal design integration
- Technical reviews of technology and design
- Perform validation tests at component, circuit, unit and system level.
- Support Project planning activities
- Estimate the scope of work, BOM and manufacturing cost
- Participate in preparation of project stage-gate review documentation
• Work with supply chain for power electronics components and supplier validation
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering or similar, or a minimum of 5 years related industry experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following: 3-phase grid inverters, active front end, active harmonic filter,Switch Mode Power Supply, UPS or motor drives.
- Working experience with ECAD tools for electrical/electronic board level designs is a plus.
- Ability to collaborate with team engineers using good communicational skills.
- Good written and spoken English.
An interesting and independent job in an ambitious, growth-oriented, fast adaptable company. Our organisation is characterised by highly motivated, responsible employees, who all have our customers at heart. Freedom with responsibility is one of our key values, and you will find the working environment is informal, agile and deeply founded on a good collegial spirit.
Based on the will to attract and maintain skilled employees, we encourage employees to learn new skills, and we have a flexible attitude towards working hours, a policy for home offices and we offer a favourable salary and pension plan as well as health insurance.
How to apply
Please send the application along with relevant documents to email@example.com. The position is open, and therefore we urge you to apply as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact CEO Thomas Slivsgaard, at +45 8891 7546 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. All job applications will be handled with full confidentiality.
For almost a decade, Converdan A/S has been designing and manufacturing customized power electronics products. We serve customers across a broad range of industries, with products spanning from 1-watt power supplies to converters in the megawatt class. Our modern R&D and manufacturing facilities specializes in power electronics, and we handle low volume as well as high volume multi-year OEM contracts equally well – with undivided focus on power electronics alone.
Converdan A/S experience a steady growth and currently employs 10 dedicated engineers and technicians out of a total of 14 employees. In 2018 we received an award from “Børsen” for continuous growth during the past four years, and we plan to continue our growth in the future.